Tendercare Living Centre
Long Term Care, Convalescent Care, and Retirement Living
Tendercare Nursing Homes Ltd is a community consisting of Long Term Care, Convalescent Care, and Retirement Living, focusing on culturally sensitive care to our seniors.
Tendercare Living Centre offers care and rehabilitation to 254 residents since 1976. We strive to be front and foremost in offering up to date care by providing ongoing training and techniques to better deal with the ever changing needs of our residents.
Tendercare is managed by Extendicare (Canada) Inc.
Please see our Quality Initiatives to find out more on how we provide quality care.
Tendercare Living Centre provides excellent care for all our residents by offering the following services and programs. Be sure to see full details for some items:
- Dining room meal service
- Nursing and personal care on a 24-hour basis
- Medical supplies and nursing equipment necessary for resident care
- Friendly and caring staff and volunteers
- Chapel services for visiting clergy from various denominations
- Recreation and restorative care programs
- Social Work
- Quiet room designed for residents and their families to visit comfortably
- Resident Wanderguard System
- Four passenger elevators
- Daily laundry and housekeeping services
Certain services for residents of nursing homes are subject to a charge above the amount of the monthly accommodation rate. Uninsured services at Tendercare Living Centre include:
- Cable TV
- Salon services
- Dental Services
- Guest Meal Purchase
- Meals, Transportation & Related Costs for Recreational Outings
- Drugs not covered by ODBP
Admission is facilitated through the completion of an application form from the Community Care Access Centre (CCAC)
Tendercare admission is limited to those persons who have been declared eligible for admission to a Long-Term Care Facility by the Community Care Access Centre (CCAC). This application provides information needed to assess the specific care that is required and to determine if needs can be met in our home.
When a bed becomes available, CCAC will contact applicants on the waiting list to make a bed offer.
Families are encouraged to visit the Tendercare prior to admission. We conduct regular tours on Tuesdays at 2:30pm weekly.
Please call us or drop in for a tour.
Your next step is to contact and speak with a CCAC Care Coordinator. They can serve as your single-point of contact in obtaining services and information – Start here